from on Vimeo.
Student Learning Objectives:
- Expand your research skills that relate to your studio practice: reading, writing, sketching, exploring local resources, and the library.
- Explore and develop basic tools and techniques to enable the successful construction, drying, firing and glazing of 3D pottery forms, to have the skills necessary to build with clay after this class.
- Focus on the connections between research, content, process and critical thinking and problem solving for each project.
- Develop your own questions and curiosities about ceramics, working with your hands, the ephemeral and immortal qualities of clay.
- Understand the context of historical and contemporary ceramics in the art world.